Home Forums Plugins WordPress TF Numbers Numbers referenced from site Meta-data field

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  aleksej 4 days, 16 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jay
    Participant

Hi Aleksej,

Thank you for taking the time to read my request
    and for making the Interwebs a more robust and helpful space.

I was wanting to use a Meta-data field as the source for my numbers reference.

Would you happen to have a set of reference instructions or a video tutorial on a step by step solution?

I was looking at http://themeflection.com/docs/tf-numbers/#cus-el
    but wasn’t sure quite if this was my solution set.

Thank you, in advance, for any attention you could share on this topic and your support.
    I chose your product due to your excellent response time and history.

Looking forward to your response.
    Make it a great day!

aleksej
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for using my plugin, and for your kind words,

Can you be more specific on what you mean by using “Meta-data field as the source for my numbers reference” ? I am not sure I understand what exactly you want to accomplish ? Do you want to add new custom fields that should appear somewhere arount the number (before, after it, next to it) ?

Best Regards

nikserdar
    Participant

Hi guys,

Aleksej, I think that Jay wants to make numbers dynamically when page loading. Something like that, I am also looking for.

What I need is, when my page is loading, I am hitting few APIs which response values I would like to show in TF Numbers.

APIs returns different values almost every second, depend on currently logged in user, etc..

Can You, please, suggest me best and easiest solution what I can use in my case?

Thank You in advance.

Kind Regards,
    Nikola

aleksej
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have replied to you with a suggestion in your email regarding this.

I will post the answer here as well for reference if someone else have similar question:

You can find on the pointed line where numbers are rendered – https://www.screencast.com/t/3j7KoeK97X it is located in the wp-content/plugins/tf-number-counter-animation/inc/shortcode.php file. You can try rendering the api data from there, if you have a global variable in which data is stored, you can give your numbers some unique values (like 11111, 22222) and then by making a condition at the point of rendering you can display certain value from api based on the current value.

So if your lets say $api variable is holding the fetched data in an array, and keys there have some meaningful names, like counter, donated, users, etc. You can render the value of the counter key if the value for the current number in the loop is equal to 1111, then you can render value for the donated key if current number in the loop is equal to 2222, etc 🙂

Bets Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.